- Public-Private Partnerships
- Corporate Accountability International
- Environmental Rights Action/Friends of the Earth Nigeria
- Transnational Institute
- Amalgamated Union of Public Corporations, Civil Service Technical and Recreational Services Employees
- Africa & Arab Countries
- English-speaking Central, East and West Africa
Environmental Rights Action/Friends of the Earth Nigeria
Environmental Rights Action (ERA) is a Nigerian advocacy non-governmental organisation founded on January 11, 1993 to deal with environmental human rights issues in Nigeria. ERA is the Nigerian chapter of Friends of the Earth International (FoEI). ERA is the co-ordinating NGO in Africa for Oilwatch International, the global South network of groups concerned about the effects of oil on the environment of people who live in oil-bearing regions. Oilwatch was founded in 1995 (in Ecuador), in the aftermath of local struggles against oil companies such as Shell (in Nigeria) and Texaco (now Chevron) in Ecuador. Both cases have given rise to well-known court cases where damages in the billions of euros are being claimed at present. ERA has been the winner of the Sophie Prize.
Showing all resources from Environmental Rights Action/Friends of the Earth Nigeria.