This report on trade union preparedness and actions to tackle violence against women and men in the world of work, was first released in 2016. In 2018, an updated version of the study is being released, integrating the latest achievements of our affiliated unions in the health sector. The workers, many of whom are women, daily face ever-increasing levels of violence and harassment in the world of work. They respond and deliver quality service with deepest commitment and ethical principles.
- Read this in:
For more information:
- PSI Campaign page: STOP Gender-based violence at work!
PSI Report - "Tackling violence in the Health Sector - A Trade Union Response":
Case studies on violence at work:
- Congo (DRC): Solidarité Syndicale des Infirmiers du Congo (SOLSICO) - (Download PDF)
Video: Interviews SOLSICO (DRC) activists in health care (on YouTube) – in French, subtitled in English
- Argentina: Asociación Sindical de Profesionales de Salud de la Provincia de Buenos Aires (CICOP) - (Download PDF)
Video: Workshop on Violence in the Workplace (on YouTube) – in Spanish, subtitled in English
- Philippines: Alliance of Filipino Workers (AFW) - (Download PDF)
- Pakistan: All Sindh Lady Health Workers and Employees Association (ASLHWEA) - (Download PDF)
- ILO, ICN, WHO, PSI Framework Guidelines: Framework guidelines for addressing workplace violence in the health sector available for download in English - French - Russian - Spanish
- ILO: Towards a standard against violence and harassment in the world of work
Governing Body of the ILO: Outcome of the Meeting of Experts on Violence against Women and Men in the World of Work