PSI’s World Women’s Committee (WOC) agreed that a high priority area of work is workplace violence in the health sector. The experiences of affiliates in raising awareness and developing campaigns and actions to eliminate workplace violence will contribute to the discussions and preparation for developing an ILO standard (convention and recommendations) on violence against women and men at work. This case study was prepared in August 2016 as part of PSI’s contribution to the ILO tripartite experts meeting and is part of the 2018 updated report “Tackling Violence in the Health Sector”.
- Read this in:
For more information:
- PSI Campaign page: STOP Gender-based violence at work!
PSI Report - "Tackling violence in the Health Sector - A Trade Union Response":
Case studies on violence at work:
- Congo (DRC): Solidarité Syndicale des Infirmiers du Congo (SOLSICO) - (Download PDF)
Video: Interviews SOLSICO (DRC) activists in health care (on YouTube) – in French, subtitled in English
- Argentina: Asociación Sindical de Profesionales de Salud de la Provincia de Buenos Aires (CICOP) - (Download PDF)
Video: Workshop on Violence in the Workplace (on YouTube) – in Spanish, subtitled in English
- Philippines: Alliance of Filipino Workers (AFW) - (Download PDF)
- Pakistan: All Sindh Lady Health Workers and Employees Association (ASLHWEA) - (Download PDF)
- ILO, ICN, WHO, PSI Framework Guidelines: Framework guidelines for addressing workplace violence in the health sector available for download in English - French - Russian - Spanish
- ILO: Towards a standard against violence and harassment in the world of work
Governing Body of the ILO: Outcome of the Meeting of Experts on Violence against Women and Men in the World of Work