Join PSI's campaign for the Human Right to Health - the global campaign to influence the formulation and implementation of policies leading to Universal Public Health Coverage (UPHC). Now is the time to unite and fight for #PublicHealth4All.
On this page you will find:
- Campaign newsletter
- Campaign launches and updates
- Campaign materials
- Campaign resources and background information
PSI launched its global campaign for the Human Right to Health at the Health and Social Care Services Task Force meeting held in Geneva on 12-13 December. The campaign aims at building a global movement to influence policies towards attaining Universal Public Health Coverage (UPHC).
"A lack of basic provision of healthcare contributes to higher inequality and extreme poverty in society. There is a critical need for universal public health coverage, for health as a human right to be realisable. However, what we have seen is quite the contrary. Over the past few decades, the health and social care sector has been one of the main targets in significant restructuring, with increasing for-profit private interests’ involvement in the provision of health services, with explicit support of governments formulated as health reforms. Now is the time for us to unite and fight for health for all, as a significant domain of our struggle for people over profit. United and determined, we will win." - Rosa Pavanelli, PSI General Secretary.
PSI will promote the aims and objectives of this campaign with every legitimate means including mass mobilisation of members of its affiliates for days of action, lobbying governments, regional institutions and international organisations, building alliances and forging coalitions, research and affiliates capacity-building and developing proposals for laws, policies and regulations that would bring to birth quality public health for all and guarantee a better future for humankind.
- Working for Health in East Africa (May 2018)
- Health for All campaign in West Africa (April 2018)
- Movement for the Right to Health: 3,000 people march in Buenos Aires
- Right to Health Campaign in Southern & French-speaking Africa
- PSI launches the Right to Health, at AFREC
- Human Right to Health Campaign in Southern Africa
- Human Right to Health campaign in the Oceania sub-region
- PSI French-speaking Africa Affiliates Call for People over Profit
- World Health Day 2017 - Right to Health
On #WorldHealthDay, Baba Aye gives the lowdown on why healthcare needs to be public - not privatised! More here: https://goo.gl/qf4qKQ #Health4All #OurHealthIsNot4Sale #UniversalPublicHealthCare #HealthForAll #PublicHealthcare
Public Healthcare: BETTER, CHEAPER, FAIRER, STRONGER
Rosa Pavanelli addresses the High-Level Ministerial Meeting on Health Employment and Economic Growth in Geneva - second day/15 December 2016 #ComHEEG #PublicHealth4All
Rosa Pavanelli addresses the #ComHEEG meeting in Geneva
- See the full UN High-Level Commission on Health and Employment Growth report and download a PDF in: English or French
- See the report of the Experts Group, convened to critically review the available evidence.
- Read the transcript of Rosa Pavanelli's speech at the 2nd ComHEEG meeting
- PSI influencing United Nations policy on health employment
- Rosa Pavanelli joins UN Commission on Health Employment and Economic Growth
- More information about the Commission, please visit www.who.int/hrh/com-heeg/
Health and Social Care Services Task Force
- PSI Health Taskforce meeting affirms urgent need for Right to Health for all (February 2018)
- HSSTF meeting of 12-13 December 2016 and Follow-up to the HSSTF meeting
- PSI pages on health & social care services